Today, I studied some more.
Started reading The Wonderful Wizard of OZ
I Worked Out:
Level One of Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred
Monday of The Last Chance Workout
a 10 minute run.
After all of that I knew I needed cookies.
So, I made...
- 1 & 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Cover baking sheet in parchment paper
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside
- Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each
- Mix in vanilla
- With a wooden spoon slowly mix in flour mixture in three parts until combined
- Mix in oats and chocolate
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of batter per cookie into balls and place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Bake until cookie edges are just turning golden brown about 12 to 14 minutes
- Cool or about 2 minutes on the baking sheet
- Then transfer to a cooling rack for a half an hour