Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Then the Rains Came.

003



Very early in the morning we left for D.C.
It was before 6 am (4 am for my Cali peeps).


For Breakfast we stopped at a Cracker Barrel near the end of our Tennessee travels.  


I have to say they have the best pancakes that I've ever eaten and that's saying a lot.



005 008

Finally, we crossed over into Virginia.

010

Then, the rains came and we hydroplaned all over the road.  The car was vibrating like it was about to fall apart.  When we stopped for some lunch and more gas.  I looked at our tires and the back two were about shot.  Especially the passenger side one.  No wonder we were having so much trouble driving in the rain.


We found a local tire shop and had them replace the back two tires.  We think they wore out so quickly because of all the things we had packed in the trunk and back seat of the car.  Or that is my hope that there is not something horribly wrong with my car.

Only time will tell.

This put us a tad bit behind.

012 014 015

So, we did not end up in D.C. until 9:30 pm (6:30 pm for my Cali peeps).  Then we got a little lost in the traffic and craziness that is D.C. though we did finally find Alex's cousin's house.


(If you cannot tell this is the Washington Monument)

Now it's time to find a place to live and a JOB for Alex.  Wish us luck!

(I'll post again after we find a place to live)

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a crazy sounding journey! You haven't got a place to live yet? Good luck in finding somewhere! I hope it's soon =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...