Monday, July 30, 2012

Am I in Tennessee yet?

Since today was our shortest drive we got to sleep in a little bit, up at 6:45 am (4:45 for my California friends!)  and Mel made us Cinnamon rolls and packed us a lunch.  I was so happy that we were able to visit with her.  I hope I get to see her again soon (in person!).

Good Morning Alex from Margo!
084



088

The rest of Oklahoma was a little boring

Then we traveled into Arkansas.  Where my beloved pine trees made a resurgence with a vengeance.  That is all we saw (other than boarded up store fronts).  



We kept driving over bodies of water and never was it the mighty Mississippi.

Then we finally found her.  And well couldn't see much because all the traffic for Memphis gave me a panic attack while driving and then I just drove on until I couldn't drive anymore sometime around Jackson Tennessee.


Random Tennessee Interstate Picture



We made it finally to our hotel, which is in a suburb of Nashville.

However, I'm sorely disappointed.  It's really nice looking and the corridors smell like a new car.

090 091

But, there is no Bath tub, and we paid a little over $200 for the one night.  It's outrageous!  We had to pay an extra $100 because of the respite, which is what it is, but no bath is just horrible.

We ventured out into the surrounding areas to find dinner at Famous Dave's (apparently there was one less than an hour from our old California home). Here is my meal of Georgia chopped pork on a slice of bread, a corn bread muffin, Wilbur beans, and mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butter.



Time for bed, for tomorrow is our biggest day!

094

1 comment:

  1. The sounds like a very awful journey! What a terrible sounding hotel. A nice looking meal though! =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...