Monday, June 27, 2011

Patchwork Placemats: Part Four

I picked up a new book yesterday, Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew One Project at a Time. I started reading it during lunch with my hubby. Alex said "You already know how to sew". I do know some things about sewing, I've been doing it for quite some time now, but there is so much I don't know. I thought going back to the beginning would be good for me.

The first thing I learned:

That I'd been installing my bobbin wrong. I guess I had never bothered to read the instructions.

Second thing I learned:

The strawberry on the tomato pin cushion is for sharpening pins. I never knew that it had a purpose.
placemats 002

People say that you learn something new everyday. Well these are the things that I learned.

Today I worked on my Sew liberated placemats.
placemats 003

They are almost finished. Well three are finished and the forth one is almost done. I just need to get one more package of the wide bias tape I'm using for the edging.
placemats 004

placemats 005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...