Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dump Cake

I've been having one of those weeks. The kind where I'm tired and irritated with everything and everyone. So, tonight when I got home from work, after I managed to workout, I wanted something sweet. I wanted something easy. I perused the complete Magnolia Cookbook and found the following recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Dump Cake

Dump Cake 3

Ingredients:

  • 1 twenty-one-ounce can cherry pie filling

  • 1 sixteen-ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice

  • 1/2 box white cake mix

  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into thin slices

Directions:

  • Preheat 325 degrees

  • Pour cherry pie filling into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

  • Smooth evenly over the bottom of dish with a rubber spatula

  • Pour canned pineapple over the pie filling

  • Sprinkle the white cake mix completely over the pineapple

  • Place pecans evenly over the cake mix

  • Top with slices of butter

  • Bake bout 45 minutes or until cake appears golden and bubbly

  • Serve warm right from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream

Dump Cake 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...