Yum. I guess too many people are watching their weight right now.
This is a photo of my husband's arm.
And here are the Hello Dolly bars I made. They were more of a hit than the cake.
Hello Dolly Bars recipe from the Complete Magnolia Cook Book
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- One and a half 12-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan
- Mix all ingredients together except the sweetened condensed milk
- Transfer mixture to pan
- Pat down evenly
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top to cover
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes
- Cool to room temperature
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Allow to set overnight