Monday, June 13, 2011

And now it's Monday

Where does the time go? I had a three day weekend and now it's Monday. What happened to all those precious time off moments? I'll tell you. I had to clean my house and prepare for the arrival of my in-laws. Then bake up a storm for my husband's birthday. The saddest part was that only he and I partook of his fabulous birthday cake, a three layer coconut cake with fabulous home made frosting. I think I'll go get a piece right now.

Yum. I guess too many people are watching their weight right now.
This is a photo of my husband's arm.

Alex's Birthday 005

And here are the Hello Dolly bars I made. They were more of a hit than the cake.

Alex's Birthday 014



Hello Dolly Bars recipe from the Complete Magnolia Cook Book
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs

  • 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

  • 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • 1 cup butterscotch chips

  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

  • One and a half 12-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees

  • Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan

  • Mix all ingredients together except the sweetened condensed milk

  • Transfer mixture to pan

  • Pat down evenly

  • Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top to cover

  • Bake for 30 - 35 minutes

  • Cool to room temperature

  • Cover with plastic wrap

  • Allow to set overnight



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...