After a long day at work, some laundry and a quick workout I'm beat. All I want is to sit back and watch some Law and Order, but a girl and her husband have to eat. Enter this super easy recipe adapted from a recipe found on raleys.com.
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb. large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 10 minutes or until very soft.
- Add shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, oregano and salt
- Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes and lemon juice and cook until heated through.
- Season to taste with pepper
- Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta.