Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sliced Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples

Pork...

I seem to have a complicated relationship with pork. Every time I cook it I seem to overcook it and it's dry and hard to eat. Today I was bound and determined to not over cook it. I succeeded, but one was a little under done. No problem I just cooked it for a little bit longer. This is one of three recipes that my husband, Alex, picked out for me to cook for meals. He wanted to have new things made that he would be more likely to enjoy.

If I make this again I think that I'll thinly slice the shallots (like the original recipe calls) instead of dicing them. Probably cook the apple slices longer so that they are softer. This dish sated our hunger, but I'm not sure if it worth a repeat.

Sliced Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples adapted from The Best of Cooking Light 12.

Pork1


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 pork tenderloins
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups thinly sliced apple
  • 1/3 cup diced shallots
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup apple cider
  • 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
Directions:
  • Heat skillet over medium-high heat
  • Combine first 5 ingredients
  • Sprinkle over pork
  • Coat pan with cooking spray
  • Add pork
  • Cook pork 3 minutes on each side
  • Remove pork from pan; keep warm
  • Melt butter in pan
  • Add apple slices, shallots, and salt
  • Saute for 4 minutes until apple slices start to brown
  • Add apple cider
  • Cook for 2 more minutes
  • Stir in thyme
  • Serve apple mixture over pork

Bon Appétit
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...