Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bossypants (Book Twenty Four)



Title: Bossypants

Author: Tina Fey

Pages: 288

Published: April 5, 2011

Buy the Book: Amazon

I borrowed this book from a co-worker of mine. She thought it was funny and an easy read.

I'll call this book a "work book" by this I mean that I read the entire thing at work (on my breaks) and I finished it in two days. So, easy read is right. I'm not as impressed with the funny part. Fey seemed to be trying too hard, to garner laughs. But I guess that is what the book was all about. People probably purchased the book because they like Few and her humor. It's not that I didn't like the book, it's just that I'm not a funny person. I'm not a big fan of comedies. I have a hard time with humor. All that being said. I did enjoy the book and Fey's life story from awkward child to a producer on a T.V. show. She even tells of her disastrous honeymoon.

So if you like funny, this is the book for you.

As always, I appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...