Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Back Stage with Julia" (Book Seven)

010

Back Stage with Julia: My Years with Julia Child by Nancy Verde Barr was an excellent read. Her writing brings alive the woman that so many people know as a cooking goddess. I wish I had discovered this love for Julia Child before her death in 2004, but that is how things happen sometimes.

Nancy effortless goes though her years with Julia starting with the day she heard the news that she died to the first time she meet her and all the 25 years in between. They were close friends as well as colleges. Julia pushed Nancy to write cooking articles, pushed her to study with chefs in other countries including Italy, and pushed her to write her own cook books. Julia made her have a career in the cooking world.

This book has opened up the world of Julia Child for me. I wish that I had had the opportunity to meet this amazing woman, but I came to late to this world for that. I can only now read her books and the books others have written about her to learn from her. She was a force to be reckoned with and I hope to have half the energy that she had at 80 now at the ripe old age of 29. She is a person who did what she loved and continued to love for the rest of her life.

Rest in Peace Julia and I hope to find a passion in my life to fuel me for all my years to come.

As always, I appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...