Sunday, January 23, 2011

Soupe Au Pistou

For my first MtAoFC recipe I choose something simple... Soup.

0021

This Provencal Vegetable Soup with Garlic, Basil and Herbs was simple and easy to make.



I already had most of the ingredients in my cupboard and refrigerator. I just had to go and purchase the fresh vegetables. I made this recipe exactly as the recipe called for however Julia says that you can add other vegetables such as zucchini and red bell peppers.

0012

I however did not use the boiling potatoes that she says to use, I substituted them for red potatoes that were in my pantry. I don't think the recipe suffered for this change.

0061/div>

I thoroughly enjoyed making this dish and eating it. My husband however complained about the lack of meat in it. I do worry that we eat entirely too much meat.

Ingredients:

  • 3 quarts water

  • 2 cups diced carrots

  • 2 cups diced boiling potatoes

  • 2 cups onions

  • 1 tablespoon salt

  • 2 cups diced green beans

  • 2 cups canned kidney beans

  • 1/3 cup broken spaghetti

  • 1 slice stale white bread

  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

  • pinch of saffron

  • 4 cloves garlic mashed

  • 4 tablespoons tomato paste

  • 1 & 1/4 tablespoons dried basil

  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup fruity olive oil

Directions:

  • Boil water, vegetables, and salt slowly for 40 minutes

  • Correct seasoning

  • Twenty minutes before serving

  • Add beans, spaghetti, bread, and seasonings

  • Boil for 15 minutes

  • While soup is boiling, place garlic, tomato paste, basil, and cheese in the soup tureen

  • Blend to a paste

  • Then beat in olive oil drop by drop

  • When soup is read to serve beat one cup gradually into the mixture in the tureen

  • Pour in the rest of the soup.

  • Serve.

166694_1541057931407_1383695806_31169701_748538_n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...