Saturday, December 25, 2010

Projects for the New Year

For Christmas my husband purchased me this lovely book on sewing by Meg McElwee, Sew Liberated : 20 Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist

009


So for the new year I'm going to try out a few of these projects to expand my sewing repertoire.

The first is a beautiful Tie-Back Floor Pillow Cover.

The Second is a Capture the Moment Camera Bag.

The Third will be the Dapper Day Bag.

All of these will be of course after I finish the new quilt for my bed. A few days ago I ventured out to the fabric store and purchased a few more scraps of fabric. I think I'm getting close to having enough for the top.

quilt2bstuff2b002

I just need to get some cotton batting and find a fabric and color I like for the back. Then it will be open season on trying to turn it into a quilt.

Everyone wish me luck on that.

Additional Projects include fixing old blankets and a quilt that belonged to my husbands great-grandmother.

Then hopefully by mid year I'll be able to start on the Mother Confessor Costume for Halloween 2011.

All of these projects should be fun and keep my mind well occupied.

Happy New Year to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bag! I think I saw that online somewhere. Totally cute! They're so fun to make, because they really don't take much fabric at all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...