Monday, February 10, 2014

Baked Pasta

Day 8 of no meat.  I cannot say that I miss it entirely, but there are certain things that I find I cannot do.   One is eat at Alex's favorite sandwich place Jersey Mike's.  Sure they have vegetarian options, but they are not as satisfying as a nice turkey sandwich.  I choose to just get something from the grocery store and he can have his sandwich.  Today was a snow day from  school.  My car has not left the parking lot since I arrived home on Thursday.



Today, I put up a little Valentine's Day

 003 

And made another Yogurt Cake 

 004

then I made Baked pasta with spinach and ricotta

005

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces of pasta (I used whole wheat shells)
  • 1 & 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 1 large bunch of spinach, chopped
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red peppers
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of white pepper
  • 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes with basil
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Optional - I added the left overs from my Sweet potatoes with tomatoes and collard greens.
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook pasta according to directions
  • In a large bowl combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese until smooth
  •  Add garlic, spinach, nutmeg, dried basil, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
  • Put half pasta on bottom of 9 X 13 inch baking dish
  • Top with 1/2 tomato sauce 
  • Spoon over the top all of the spinach ricotta mixture 
  • Sprinkle 1/2 mozzarella cheese
  • Cover with remainder of pasta then tomato sauce 
  • Top with the remainder of cheese 
  • Cover with aluminum foil 
  • Bake for 25 minutes covered 
  • Remove cover and bake for 10 more minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...