It's February. WOW! Where has the time gone.
I feel as if I blinked and January was over. Just like that.
Alex says we need to step up our healthy living goals.
We are going to focus on eating better and exercising more. A lot more.
Step one make a vegan dish to take to school for lunch this week.
Sweet Potatoes with Tomatoes and Collard Greens
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large bunch of collard greens
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes
- Dice Onion
- Mince Garlic
- Chop tomatoes
- Wash and pat dry the collard greens
- Cut down the center of each leaf to remove the rib
- Cut leaves into 1/4 inch strips then set aside
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add potatoes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes until browned and almost cooked through (I cooked mine for 15 minutes)
- Set aside potatoes
- Add more oil to the skillet
- Cook the onions and garlic until soft
- Add the collard greens and cook until they start to wilt
- Add the tomatoes and potatoes
- Add the garam marsala
- Stir together cooking for several more minutes to meld the flavors
Happy Sunday! I think I'll go for a run.