The end of the year.
Christmas has been put away.
Stacks of books to read have been retrieved from the library.
Dinner has been made and ate.
For dessert I made a Peach Streusel Pie
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 to 5 teaspoons ice water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cans peaches, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine dry ingredients for pastry in a large bowl
- Add shortening and blend with a pastry blender (or two knives) until mixture is crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until mixture is moistened.
- Form pastry into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten ball
- Roll out to a 12-inch circle
- Transfer to pie plate
- Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond the edge of pie plate, flute edges (I'm still not that skilled with pastry!)
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients for the streusel
- With a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of streusel onto bottom of pastry
- Top with peaches
- Sprinkle with remaining streusel
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and streusel is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack
Zoey Stalking Mama