Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall Reading List

Today is the first day since early September that I feel like I can breath.  I feel like I'm able to get back into my own skin.  Today, I cleaned my pantry, kitchen, and dinning room.




I made chocolate mousse and Alex made us Wellington for dinner (a post about this coming soon). Tomorrow I'm going to talk to my beloved friend who I left behind on the east coast and finish cleaning the house.  I might make it to the Hoyt Arboretum and make four new aprons for my classroom.  We'll see I'm trying to not overwhelm myself.  This is all a long winded way of saying I'm ready to start reading for pleasure again (other than re-reading Harry Potter books at night to calm my nerves).

Already on my nightstand/bookshelf

  1. I thought it was just me (but it isn't): Making the journey from "what will people think?" to "I am enough" by Brene Brown, Ph.D., LMSW.  This woman is a shame researcher and her message is that we spend too much energy on the idea that we are never good enough.  I think this book will be good for me to read currently as I try to remember that no one is perfect and that I need to be alright with this.   
Something to pick up at the library (when I find the time to get a library card).
  1. Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou.  She writes to the daughter she never had about how she lives a life of meaning.  
  2. We Are Water by Wally Lamb.  I love Wally Lamb his writing is something I can not put down when ever I pick up one of his books.  This is he latest and I cannot wait to read it!
  3. MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood.  I love this author so I need to read this book!
Of, course my book lists are never ending, but this is enough for tonight.  Good night world and I hope that tomorrow also brings joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...