Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Corn Bread


003

Happy Thanksgiving Eve.



I spent the day feeling sick.  I should have finished my paper, but all I could muster was a quick trip to the grocery store for the sweet potatoes for the Garlic Roasted Yams that I'm making for Thanksgiving.  The remainder of the day I laid on the floor watching Hell's Kitchen.  This led me to looking up Epicurious.com.  It's a pretty neat cooking page.  I'd never seen it before in all my internet meanderings.  There I saw a picture of corn bread and I really really wanted it. I kept thinking about melting butter on it and honey running down the sides. So, I pulled myself up and whipped this together.

Ingredients:

  • 1 & 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
  • 2 & 1/2 cups 1% milk
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt 
  • 2/3 cups sugar 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
  • Butter a cake pan
  • Combine cornmeal and milk in a small bowl, let rest for 5 minutes
  • In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
  • Add cornmeal-milk mixture.  
  • Mix to combine 
  • Add eggs one at a time mixing to combine in between
  • Slowly drizzle in oil whisking the entire time.  
  • Pour mixture into prepared pan 
  • Bake until golden brown on top and inserted toothpick comes out clean.  ~35 minutes.
001 002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...