For the past month (?) I've been noticing that my vision is not what it use to be, even a couple of months ago. I figured I just needed to update my prescription and all would be right with the world.
Yesterday, I went to the eye doctor and she could get my right eye to 20/20. Now I'm freaking out. What the heck am I going to do if I cannot see 20/20 out of one of my eyes. She takes a closer look at my eye and I'm having some sort of inflammatory response to...?
And there is something like a rash on my eye, hence the reason I cannot see. Now I'm on some steroid eye drops and hopefully the "rash" and inflammation is gone by next Tuesday so that I can get my eyes rechecked to update my prescription.
Please hope that it's all better soon. I'd like to see again.
Now for dinner tonight Alex and I made turkey and tomato soup with left over turkey and bits and bobs from around the kitchen.
- About 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- About 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 box elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Saute onions, zucchini, and jalapeno in extra virgin olive oil until soft.
- Add turkey, broth, tomatoes, macaroni, basil, cumin, and pepper
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked.
Tomorrow, I think we are going to try are hand at minestrone.
Dianna: " Not soupy enough, but good flavors"
Alex: "I like it. I ate it all."