Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rosemary Popovers

Day Six

005

This is one of many reasons not to get out of bed in the morning.

003


Rosemary Popovers

Ingredients:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
Directions:
  • Lightly butter a standard 12-cup muffin pan
  • In a large bowl,whisk together the eggs and salt.
  • Stir in the milk and butter.
  • Using a wooden spoon, beat in the flour and rosemary just until blended, do not over beat.
  • Fill each cup one-half to two-thirds full.
  • Place pan in a cold oven.
  • Set the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Bake for 20 minutes
  • Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Bake until popovers are golden and crisp on the outsides, 10-15 minutes longer
  • Quickly pierce each popover with a thin metal skewer to release the steam
  • Leave popovers in the oven for a couple of minutes longer so they will crisp up a bit more.
  • Serve immediately


004

So yeah, popovers were well not really worth the effort in my opinion.
I enjoy a good biscuit much better.

In other news.

I had a horrible day today.
I should have never gotten up.
The story.

While balancing my checkbook against my online bank statement I noticed a strange charge.
I called the bank up and yep a charge of $23+ at a shell station in Florida.

Now I have to cancel my card, again.

And wait for a new one to arrive, again.
This is the second time this has happened in the past three months.

Grump!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...