Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Left overs soup

Day 7.

Oh my dear readers it is already the seventh day of December. Where has the time gone?

I still haven't purchased a Christmas Tree, but all my other decorations are up.

Alex keeps asking me when I want to get the tree. I'm feeling reservations about having a tree this year. I'm not entirely sure why.

I love Christmas and especially the trees.

Maybe I'll get one this weekend. At least a small one. Maybe it'll cheer up the house hold.

The cats will like it. Maybe a little too much.

Well on to what we had for dinner tonight.

Left overs soup.

002

Ingredients:
  • Left over Turkey carcass
  • Green beans not used for green bean dish
  • Bacon not used for green bean dish
  • 3 carrots, roughly diced
  • 2 stalks of celery, diced
  • 2 yellow onions, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 3-4 red potatoes roughly diced.
  • some garlic
  • some salt
  • some pepper
  • some marjoram
  • a dash of oregano
  • Large can of chicken broth
  • large container of chicken stock
  • home made noodles.
Directions:
  • Heat some olive oil in a large pot.
  • Saute onions in olive oil until soft.
  • Add garlic.
  • Add bacon broken into pieces.
  • Cook for several minutes to melt fat on bacon.
  • Add carrots
  • Add broth and stock
  • Add turkey, green beans, red bell pepper, celery, potatoes, and anything else!
  • Add spices to taste
  • Bring to a boil.
  • Lower heat to simmer.
  • Cook for 1 to 2 hours, until vegetables are soft.
  • Add noodles about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...