In an attempt to eat more healthy I made these for dinner tonight. I was worried that Alex would not like them, but happy day they were a success. They were a little bit labor intensive and messy to eat, but the clean up was easy due to the fabulous Halloween plates that we are using until I find a new china set to replace the one that Mamasita has broken.
Thai-Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 package shiitake mushroom
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- large romaine lettuce leaves
- Basil leaves, cut into thin slices
- Cook chicken breasts. I cooked them on the George Foremen grill.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and ginger
- Cook for 1 minute
- Add Chicken cook for 3 minutes
- Add bean sprouts, mushrooms, and carrots.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and fish sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice mixture to skillet
- cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve in the lettuce leaves, top with basil.