Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tropical Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


I'm taking my new mixer out for a spin. For my very first item I have my eye set on this fabulous cake.


Tropical Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Flour Me With Love.


Tropical Cake 1


This cake is very moist and delicious. The only problem I had was that the center was still gooey when I took it out of the oven after 23 minutes. So I put it back in for another 10 minutes, the outside was starting to get really dark, so I took it out and the center was still a little gooey and the outside was a little tough. I'll have to figure out something different if I make this cake again. I took half to work with me today and they loved it. Hubby, however, still has not tried it. I'll just have to temp him with it tonight.

Ingredients
:

Cake:
  • 2 Cups flour
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 1 Cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
  • 1 Cup coconut
Frosting:
  • 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 Cup butter, softened
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Cups powdered sugar
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Butter and flour two 9 inch round cake pans
  • In a large bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda and salt.
  • Add the eggs, vanilla and can of pineapple with juice.
  • Stir until completely combined then add the coconut.
  • Mix again and pour into prepared pans.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans and continue to let cool.
  • Meanwhile, cream together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla
  • Add the powdered sugar and mix until nice and fluffy.
  • Take one cake, frost with some frosting, then sprinkle on some coconut.
  • Place the second cake on top, frost with remaining frosting and sprinkle on some more coconut.
  • Serve.


Tropical Cake 2

Bon Appétit
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...