I'm taking my new mixer out for a spin. For my very first item I have my eye set on this fabulous cake.
Tropical Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Flour Me With Love.
This cake is very moist and delicious. The only problem I had was that the center was still gooey when I took it out of the oven after 23 minutes. So I put it back in for another 10 minutes, the outside was starting to get really dark, so I took it out and the center was still a little gooey and the outside was a little tough. I'll have to figure out something different if I make this cake again. I took half to work with me today and they loved it. Hubby, however, still has not tried it. I'll just have to temp him with it tonight.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 Cup coconut
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour two 9 inch round cake pans
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and can of pineapple with juice.
- Stir until completely combined then add the coconut.
- Mix again and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans and continue to let cool.
- Meanwhile, cream together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until nice and fluffy.
- Take one cake, frost with some frosting, then sprinkle on some coconut.
- Place the second cake on top, frost with remaining frosting and sprinkle on some more coconut.