Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Eat, Pray, Love" (Book Twenty)

Books 010

Title: Eat Pray Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia.

Author: Elizabeth Gilbert

Pages: 334

Published: 2006

Buy the Book: Amazon

It is rare that I find a book that really speaks to me. I'm the type of person that will read just about anything and most of them I like. However, this book makes me want to travel, pray, and find peace within myself.

If you don't know the story, there is a major motion picture out there, but I'll give you a synopsis.

Gilbert went through a terrible divorce and a horrible rebound relationship. So in order to try and find herself, she decides to travel for a whole year.

She starts off in Italy and eats her way through four whole months. She then travels to India to study meditation at an ashram in India. Now this is something that I'd love to do some day. To learn how to quiet the horrible thoughts. She comes up with something to tell herself every time she thinks negative thoughts about herself. "I will not harbor unhealthy thoughts anymore". I've decided that this might be a good thing for me to try. Finally, she lands in Indonesia. Here she spends time with an old medicine man, meets a healer who needs a house, and falls in love.

What I take away from this book is that I need to manifest my own happiness. I cannot just sit around and wait for happiness, it has to come from within. So I'm going to turn over a new leaf, this month I'll try to smile more and take more care in everything I do.
As always, I appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...