- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups assorted berries
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium speed until foamy.
- Turn beaters to high and add sugar, one tablespoon at a time
- Continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- Spread into a 8-inch circle on prepared sheet.
- Bake 1 hours, turn oven off and leave meringue in oven with door closed for another hour.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Place on a serving platter.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat cream with sugar until stiff.
- Cover meringue with cream and arrange berries decoratively on top.
- Cut into wedges and serve