In the fall of 2010 she was hospitalized at Stanford University hospital for months. She could not breath on her own and had to have a breathing apparatus attached to her trachea. Since her release from the hospital in December of that same year she has had to constantly be on oxygen. However, a recent trip to UC Davis med center has allowed her to get off of the oxygen. Happy day! I hope that she continues to get better and that she will be able to go back to school and fulfill life long dreams.
Miss Liza's Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate baking powder (Hersey's non sweet)
- 1 teaspoonful baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoonful salt
- 1 cup (about 2 to 3) mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add vanilla, and eggs until creamy and well mixed.
- In separate bowl mix flour, chocolate, salt, and baking soda
- Add bananas and milk to sugar mixture.
- When that is well mixed start mixing in the dry ingredients, may take a little to get them completely mixed.
- Take 1 bread pan and spray with oil
- Pour some chocolate powder in pan and cover all surfaces.
- Should cook for 45-50 minutes or when you can place a knife through center and come out clean.
- Makes 1 bread pan size loaf.
Dianna: "Not too sweet, not too chocolaty, not overwhelmingly bananay. Just right for breakfast or whenever!"
Alex: "I like it."