Monday, April 11, 2011

Filets de Poisson Bercy aux Champignons

012

I could have this be MtAoFC #6 and #7 since I'm using a master recipe and a white sauce recipe, but this is just the sixth time I've made something out of Mastering the art of French Cooking. However, as much as I loved this recipe my husband hated it. He didn't even finish his meal. I guess that is what I get for trying to get some one who doesn't like fish to eat it.
Filets de Poisson Pochésau Vin Blanc (Fish Filets Poached in White Wine) master recipe.

Well since I'm not a big fan of onions and for the life of me I could not find Shallots I have omited this part of the original recipe.

0062

Place in a buttered 10-12 inch fireproof baking dish, 2 & 1/2 lbs of skinless, boneless flounder filets that have been seasoned lightly with salt and pepper.

Then dot the filet with butter.

008

Add Mushrooms (see below)

Pour over the filet with the cold liquid consisting of 1/4 cup dry white wine, 2/3 dry white vermouth, and 1/4 cup bottled clam juice. Until the fish is barely covered add water to finish off the liquid if you don't have enough.

Bring to a simmer on top of the stove then lay buttered waxed paper over the top of the fish. Place in preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Fish is done when a fork pierces the flesh easily. Do not overcook.

Place the cooking liquid in a sauce pan.

0091

Filets de Poisson Bercy aux Champignons (Fish Filets Poached in White Wine with Mushrooms)

Toss mushrooms in hot butter for a minute or two without browning. Then season with salt and pepper.

0074
Add Mushrooms to Filet (see master recipe above)

Rapidly boil the cooking liquids until it has reduced to 1 cup.

Off of heat, beat 2 & 1/2 tablespoonfuls and 3 tablespoons of butter into the hot liquid.

Then add 1/2 cup of whipping cream.

Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

Spoon sauce over fish.

011
Place fish in broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown top of sauce lightly.

010
Bon Appétit

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...