- 2 Yellow onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon crumbled Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoeswith their juices
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 4 quart large, heavy saucepan and, when hot, add the onions and both the red and yellow bell peppers and cook until vegetables are soft and lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes.
Add the jalapenos and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, sugar, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, until the turkey is cooked through and the spicesare very fragrant, about 6 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken brothand bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
Some Honey found at the local market for the corn bread
The final product: Dinner: Spicy Chili and cornbread muffins with honey.