Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sugar cookies


003 A plate full of cookies
I've been wanting sugar cookies for several days now.  But most of the recipes that I find require eggs.  So today we are making egg-less sugar cookies.  The weather was bad so I decided to stay home instead of going to the speaker tonight.  Though I did study today from 8:30 am to about 2:00 pm and I worked out so that means I deserve cookies right?  Right!

Sugar cookies
002
Ingredients:

  • 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar 
  • 1 cup unsalted butter ( 2 sticks)
  • 1/4 cup whole milk (we no longer drink skim or fat free)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 & 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
Directions:
  • Cream together sugar and butter
  • Add remaining ingredients and combine
  • Refrigerate for two to three hours 
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 
  • Roll out 
  • Use cookie cutters 
  • Bake for 8 minutes 
001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...