The days are getting longer.
Another summer in Chico makes me shutter, but that is the way things are shaping up.
So baking or anything that requires turning on the oven makes me cringe.
Especially in my tiny house that get very hot in the afternoons.
For dinner tonight we are having pasta salad.
Tri-Colored Pasta Salad
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Joe's Famouse Tri-Colored Pasta with grilled Chicken
- 12 ounces tri-colored Rotini
- 1 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small can finely diced black olives
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat
- Add pasta and cook, until al dente
- Drain and cool
- Stir bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and olives together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over vegetables
- Add pasta
- Toss to combine
What we think:
Dianna: "I love it. Light and tasty perfect for a hot summer evening."
Alex: "This should be a side and not dinner"