Saturday, May 12, 2012

Self Esteem Songs

I'm all for this phenomena...

For I believe that young people especially girls need to be lifted up and told that they can be what ever they want to be.  However, songs from trendy popular female singers who by definition are part of the main stream media singing their "let your freak flag fly" or "your okay just the way you are" songs feels a little strange.

That doesn't mean I don't like them, but the fact that these singers feel the need to do this is a little baffling to me.  Maybe it's just me.  Maybe this is common and the fact that in high school I listened to Nine Inch Nails and Tool skews my opinion of pop stars.  Who knows?

If you are curios here are a few examples


And yes I'm watching too much You-Tube lately.

1 comment:

  1. OMG love all those songs! Pink! has got to be my favourite one though! =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...