Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oat Topped Peaches

003



I read this post over at I Bake Without a couple of weeks ago.  Alex and I have been discussing eating less meat and dairy products and this blog has some great ideas.  

I really wanted to try the Oat Topped Cardamom Peaches recipe.  

So tonight I did.  Though I made a few alteration to the recipe.  Go visit I Bake Without for the original.  

Oat Topped Peaches  

001
Ingredients:

  • 1 large can sliced peaches 
  • 6 cardamom pods crushed (pods discarded)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Dash of vanilla extract
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar 
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
  • 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted 
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 355 degrees F
  • Pour can of peaches with syrup over the bottom of an oven proof dish
  • Add vanilla extract over peaches
  • Sprinkle over the peaches crushed cardamom and cinnamon
  • In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, coconut, and butter 
  • Combine thoroughly 
  • Sprinkle over peaches in an even layer 
  • Bake for 20 to 25 minutes 
002

2 comments:

  1. That looks delightful. It also looks like it would be good with apples, though I don't know what cardamom is so maybe that wouldn't be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very good! Minus the coconut, cardamon and real butter =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...