Sunday, December 18, 2011

A day with my Mother-In-Law

Happy Eighteenth day of December.

It's just one week until Christmas and I wanted to do a little last minute shopping.

This year I'm trying to make presents and shop local artisans.  Though some of the presents I've purchased from large chain stores.  I guess I'm not all the way there yet.

With this in mind my Mother-In-Law and I went to the Winter Bizarre at the Miner's Foundry in Historic Down Town Nevada City .
002
There I ran into fellow blogger Erin Compton from Erin Compton Design .  She is amazing!  Raising two little boys and still she finds time for her craft.
003
Next, I ran into a friend of mine that I use to dance with.  
She makes these amazing ear muffs.
004
I also saw another friend from high school who now does healing massages.  
I should have her work on my knots one of these days.  It just sounds divine.
014
Now, that you think I spent the whole thing running into old friends.  I also was able to puruse the other venders there as well.

Here are some of my favorites.
005
007
010
013 015
 Now don't you think everyone needs one of these? A nail polish dryer!
  016

017
I purchased Two of these silk screens.
 One for myself and one for my Secret Santa at work!
  018 
 This little sweater I almost bought even though there is no little one in my life.  
Then I though I'll take a pic of it a maybe reproduce it myself!
006

I just love my mother-in-law for being such a wonderful person and going with me to this fabulous event!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...