Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stranger

So, I woke up this morning to the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me.

Let's back track a little.

Alex and I have been living in this Northern California College town for a little over three years now. This town has a reputation for being a party place. The place we live is off the beaten path, and should have been far enough away from the parting.

For the most part we know our neighbors and they know us. Recently, however we have had a few neighbor change overs and thus new people in our little hideaway. This may having nothing to do with the incident that I'm about to divulge, but I feel it may have played a role.

On to the incident.

I woke up and Zoey was acting a little strange for the morning. Usually she sleeps until we start to stir, but this morning she was running around the bedroom. I thought nothing of it. She is a strange cat. It was almost time for Alex to get up to head to work so I thought I'd get up first so that I could use the bathroom before he took over.

I got out of the bed.

Put my glasses on.

And walked to the doorway between the living room and bedroom.

Then I noticed that the living room was in shambles.

First thought: "what have the cats been doing in here?"

The Rock Band Drums were toppled over and the sheet that had been drying on it was spread across the floor.

That is when I see the shoes.

And not only shoes, but feet inside shoes.

That is when I realize there is a person under the sheet.

What?

There was no extra person in my house when I went to bed last night.

"Alex, is there supposed to be someone on our livingroom floor?"

"What? No."

"Well there is someone."

So, He jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes. Picked up a wooden sword that we have. Poked the guy. The guy did not move.

So I called 911.

While I was on the phone with 911, the guy roused himself and left.

The police came, found the guy and the guy

He said he was confused because he'd been parting with us at out house the night before.

I think I would have remembered a party at my house.

And really, I would not have made filet mignon for a drunken party.

I'm just very confused. And it freaked me out. So Steph from Hope Sewing is Genetic came and spent the day with me.

We had a lovely breakfast:





Then we went to JoAnn's. The first Trip I picked up some Halloween Baking supplies.

003

The next trip, I got some fabric for a couple of new projects.

006

I think these are all going to aprons. I'm really obsessed with those right now. I just want to keep making more and more.

005

And well I don't have Halloween one yet.
The Dia de los Muerto's Skulls will go very nicely with the orange polka dots and the plain orange for a reversible apron.

004


Alex's has been saying that the parties have been creeping ever closer.

So today's lesson. Triple make sure your door is locked before you go to bed.

Also I think it's time to move.

Until then I'm going to rearrange my living room.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, Thank goodness he was just a drunk. Yep I be getting me some more dead bolts for the doors and triple locking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg - thank god that he didn't try and get into your bed! ...i don't know what's worse - realising he fell into your house and you didn't hear anything or waking up to a stranger on the floor - i did have a laugh though when i pictured him being poked with the wooden sword! i think you're right, might be time to move...

    your breakfast looked delicious - how fabulous you can call a friend to come over after such an eventful morning - outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah that is so creepy! and not in a fun halloween way. Glad you're all ok and no real damage done.
    I'm sure that breakfast more than made you feel better :) It looks yummy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is extra creepy!!! Thank goodness you have a friend who will come over and go out with you on short notice.. that breakfast looked delish, and there's nothing like a little retail (fabric) therapy to help you through! Lock the door tonight.. and slide the couch in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The breakfast was definitely yummy - and I love that we have our little restaurant to go to and chat about stuff!! :) Jeff and I are always here to help you guys out - whether you need help with your rearranging or with moving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a way late comment on this, of course, but there are some great Halloween baking goodies on sale at Target for 50% off now! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...