Friday, August 26, 2011

My Friday

Let us start Thursday. I banged my Achilles tendon on a wooden chair. Lots of tears and an ice pack later, I think everything is okay.

Friday, morning the tendon is tight and a little sore. I limp to the shower and let the warm water loosen up and relax my whole body.

Time to go to work, everything feels good.

Standing on my feet all day, my tendon starts to hurt a little. Enter putting all my weight on the other foot. Now both feet hurt.

Good thing it was slow, I was able to sit in-between customers and rest my aching tendon and other foot.

I got off of work (limping), picked up Hubby, changed into my party outfit and hit the road.

An hour and a half later we arrive at Heat Shabu Baru.

And a night out with friends (sorry no photos my phone decided to die).

Have you ever been to a shabu baru or a Japanese fondue? Well Alex and I had not. At first we were a little perplexed. Japanese fondue? Asian cultures don't usually go with cheeses, right? Well as we came to find out there is no cheese at all.

Shabu Baru.

Two pots of broth were brought to our table.

One a Spicy Miso the other a Spicy Tonkatsu.

The in table heat source brought the broth to a boil.

Next, came the thinly sliced raw meat (beef, pork, and lamb).

Into the broth they went.

Then, came the vegetables (mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, and noodles). Yes I'm counting noodles as vegetables.

Into the broth they went.

As things became fulling cooked we fished them out with chopsticks and ate the items with rice and an accompaniment of two sauces (one was a peanut sauce, the other was thin and sweet).

The evening was ended with the best green-tea ice-cream I've ever had with mochi on top.

Oh and did I mention the two Lychee martinis I had through out the evening. They made it a little more fun. See alcohol makes me chatty much to Alex's chagrin.

Thanks to my dear friend Louie for having a birthday and Kate for including us in the festivities.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had hurt your foot! And you even showed up for dinner in heels! I felt bad for showing up in jeans and flip flops :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...