Friday, August 19, 2011

mini-party set

My aunt has been slowly going through the items that my grandparents squirreled away over ten years ago in a storage locker. Recently she uncovered this little gem from my childhood. The best part is that it is intact. All the pieces are present and accounted for plus a few more.

A 10-piece set of miniaturized Tupperware products to be used by children from age 3 and older. The set consists of four stacking plates, four 2-oz tumblers, a cake server and a cake taker with seal and Cariolier handle.


mini-party set

Additionally, I seem to have four cups with handles, a pitcher, and four round plates or shallow bowls. Though they are not part of the original set. Maybe a second set was combined with the set on the box?

I spent so much time at my grandparents house playing with this set. Serving my grandpa his desserts and anyone else who happened to be around. Maybe it was a little foreshadowing of what I've been getting myself into lately.

Maybe, someday I'll be able to pass this set on to my own children, but for now I'll just hold on to it.

1 comment:

  1. I remember playing with that exact set when I was a child, but I don't recall having the cake box and server or the tumblers. What a great thing to have! I can definitely picture you and your future-child baking up little plates to eat off the tiny plates! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...