I find that Tuesdays are the hardest day of the week. You made it past Monday, but Friday is still so far away.
I'll let you in on a little secret. I am at my most irritable on Tuesday. It's very irrational, but there you have it.
Now, I'm going to go watch some Deep Space Nine and call it a night.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 green cardamoms, with husks removed and seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground almonds
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 can diced green chiles
- Fresh cooked rice, to serve
- Mix the ginger, garlic, Garam Marsala, chili powder, salt, cumin seeds, cardamoms, ground coriander, almonds, and yogurt together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a dish.
- Spoon over the yogurt and spice mixture.
- Let chill.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add water.
- Cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes
- Add cilantro and green chiles.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Serve with rice.