Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Apparently I took a short hiatus this past week. No posts. No pictures. I didn't even look at this blog since Tuesday. I had a very heavy (emotionally) week. Lots of stuff to deal with, but now I think I'm on the mend. Time to get back to cooking/baking/crafting/living. On Friday I had a nice long visit with my sister and her family. I even made them my yummy mac and cheese.

These are some muffins that made last week for Alex and I. Alex said that they are the best muffins that I've ever made. This includes those box mixes that are convenient, but not very healthy. Here is a healthier version of the classic blueberry muffin.
Whole Wheat-Blueberry Muffins

muffins

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 3/4 cup skim milk

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil

  • 1/4 cup honey

  • 2 egg whites

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour

  • 3 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees

  • Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray

  • Mix brown sugar and cinnamon.

  • Set aside.

  • Beat milk, oil, honey, and egg whites in large bowl.

  • Stir in flours, baking powder, and salt just until flours are moistened.

  • Fold in blueberries.

  • Divide evenly among muffin cups

  • Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture

  • Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

  • Immediately remove from pan.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...