Today, I decided to do the recipe again. This time I decided to do the recipe at least ingredients exactly as they are suppose to be, but I changed up the directions. Enter, my big bad KitchenAid Mixer.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter (soft)
- ¾ cup barely warm buttermilk
- 3 ounces warm water
- In a large mixing bowl stir yeast until it dissolved in warm water.
- Then stir in the buttermilk.
- Sprinkle the flour over the liquid.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and place the remaining ingredients in the well.
- Mix on speed 2 until dough clings to hook and cleans the sides.
- Cover it with a towel and let rise until it doubles in size (about 1 to 1½ hours).
- Lightly coat a bread pan with butter.
- Knead dough again, then form into a loaf.
- Place the dough into the prepared pan and cover with a towel.
- Let rise for 1 more hour.
- Then bake at 375ºF for 30 to35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cooked throughout.