What is a girl to do to ease the work week into the weekend? Watch NCIS and make something with chocolate, cream and a little alcohol. With an Ann Rule Book to devour afterwords.
Chocolate Mousse Inspired by The Happy Home.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Rum
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chilled whipping cream
- Start by melting the chocolate in the rum over low heat. Melt until shiny and smooth.
- Next, whip three egg whites on high speed or arm power, until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the quarter cup of sugar until the whites are stiff, but not dry.
- Drizzle the cooled chocolate over the whipped eggs, and fold in gently.
- Dish the mousse into cups or martini glasses.
- Fridge for six hours, or until stiff. I lasted an hour before I ate the first one!
- Before serving, whip 1/3 cup heavy cream into whipped cream sprinkled with a little sugar to sweeten it up.
- Top the mousse with the whipped cream, and enjoy!