Saturday, March 12, 2011

Library Books

001 
Library.

I love the library. I go and I can't leave with just one book. Here is today's haul.

"The Montessori Method" by Maria Montessori
"My Kitchen Wars" by Betty Fussell
"Montessori Today" by Paula Polk Lillard

If you notice there is a theme. I've been trying to get my hands on all the books I can get about Montessori, since I seem to what to go down that path for my career. I just finished a book by Maria Montessori, "To Educate the Human Potential".

The third book goes with my other new obsession, cooking. I seem to have an obsession with food memoirs lately. I'm hoping that this haul will help me reach my reading goals for this month.
Cheers
D

4 comments:

  1. I took a class at Chico State where the whole focus was Food and Literature. I could probably get you the reading list if you want more titles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Chico State's portal keeps things FOREVER, LOL. The food memoirs we read were:

    Ruth Reichl's "Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the Table"
    Diana Abu-Jaber's "Language of Baklava: A Memoir"
    Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"
    Sara Roahen's "Gumbo Tales"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...