Monday, February 7, 2011

Queen Quilt

This quilt I've been "working" on since before December. Well I've finally finished cutting the squares for the top and I've arranged them how I'm going to sew them together.

The squares are cut using a 6 & 1/2 inch square to allow for 1/4 inch seems. A total of 270 squares were cut out. The boarder (62 squares) will be solid black with a pattern square in each corner. The remainder of the quilt (208 squares) are assorted patterns interspersed with some solid black and white squares. Primary colors are Black, White, Dark Red, and Pink. With underlying colors of Grey and light Brown.
Cutting the Squares

001

Putting the Squares into row bundles.

004

Laying it all out to check how it looks (this has the squares overlapping so as to fit the extra large quilt in my very small living room).

006

* I put the cats out side before I did this. They think helping is messing up mommy's work*

Things left to do:

  1. Sew top squares together

  2. Purchase Queen size batting

  3. Purchase Black backing material

  4. Sew together top, batting, and backing

  5. Quilt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...