Saturday, February 5, 2011

County Library

I'm a California girl through and through. Born and raised here. When I was growing up the library in my home town was housed in a beautiful old building. The floors groaned and creaked as you walked down the narrow staircase to the bottom basement where the children's books were housed. I loved it. When I was an adult and still lived there I would walk to this library and spend hours just walking through all the books just to pick out one to carry home with me.

Now that I've moved to a new town. I have to go to this new library in a dingy building on a busy street. It is far away from my house so I cannot walk there. Nor does the interior invite one to peruse for hours on end. I find myself making quick trips there. Just in and out. I still love libraries, but this one makes me lose my faith.

As always, I appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...