Monday, January 31, 2011

A little Harry Potter

As I've mentioned before I have a slight obsession with the Harry Potter series. I love the books. I love the movies. And if my husband would let me I'd own all of the paraphernalia as well.

Having said this I still know that not everyone appreciates Harry Potter as much as I do. I do not wish to rant and rave about them I just want to enjoy them.

Yesterday I finished Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. This is only the second time I have read this book and for good reason. It makes me cry. The first time I saw the movie for this book and Dumbledore died I did not cry. However, this movie watching experience was horrible and I only re-watched the movie last night. I'd forgotten how well made it was though I did think a few of the choices to change the story line were a bit silly. But oh well.

Then I find myself balling like a little baby yesterday when I re-read the death of Dumbledore. I was fully prepared and still it upset me.

I then foolishly dived right into The Deathly Hallows. That whole book is very Shakespearean. The story starts out with death and mayhem and it continues all the way through.

Well that is all I have to say on the subject at the moment. But I will soon sit down and explain all about my Harry Potter obsession.

Cheers

As always, I appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...