Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (MtAoFC)


The Book: Mastering the Art of French Cooking, purchased on a whim at the book store only two days ago. This special fourtieth anniversary edition has an introduction, by Julia Child, to the revised edition in the front followed by a introduction by Judith Jones.

The Contender: Dianna R. Pharmacy Tech by day. Rogue reader/sewer/cook by night. I will challenge my husband's taste buds and my cats sensibilities for this not so deranged project.

I am no Julie Powell and I do not wish to cook through the entire two volume set. I do however want to learn how to cook. I mean, really cook. None of this wishy washy stuff I've been trying to whip up these past two years. So my plan is to cook a meal from these books twice a month.

Everyone wish me luck.

"Finally, I do think the way to a full and healthy life is to adopt the sensible system of "small helpings, no seconds, no snacking, and a little bit of everything." Above all - have a good time!" ~Julia Child~


I always appreciate your comments or book recommendations. ~Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...