Monday, September 27, 2010

Julie and Julia

006

My dear friend sent me a message the other day. The conversation went like this:
"a present arrived in my mailbox for you today. hooray! :)"

"What?"

"a present, a gift for you!"

So on Saturday, Hubby and I went over to her house for some kitten time. Unbeknownst to me my "present" was the book "Julie and Julia". I've been wanting this book ever since I watch the movie many months ago.

I waited until last night to start the book. So far so good.

I feel a kinship with this woman, Julie Powell, on the verge of turning thirty and having no clue what to do with my life. I see all these people around me who seem to have it all together. But not me. These thoughts keep running through my mind. Is it time for kids? Should I go to grad school? Should I find a more fulfilling job? What do "normal" people do at this stage in life?

I know that the answer to these questions are as varied as there are people on this earth. Every person is different in their own way. And I have to find my way. Or as they say "find my self".

I always thought that phrase was a little lacking. I mean in order to find one's self they had to have lost it some where. The whole saying implies that no one knows who they are until they find something. But I content that even from a young age we know who we are and what our limitations are. Some of us just need a little pushing to get there. I know I do.

So as I'm half way through the year to my thirtieth birthday, I'm not so much trying to find my self as I'm trying to figure out what to do in/with my life that will make me happy.

Because happiness is what we all want out of life and just maybe this book will help inspire me to greater things.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...