Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Everybody needs friends sometimes

Last night Hubby and I went over to our friend's house to watch "House".
Since mid summer we have been doing this every week. We started out watching TrueBlood and have since moved on to some "Dexter" and now "House". However this time around when we arrived, I was presented with a present.

This odd box of random fabrics and scraps.

fabric

Upon exploration there is some decent stuff in the box.

However there is some really strange stuff as well. Like the entirely too small for me dark blue swade skirt and a horribly bright fabric that seems to be made of some sort of synthetic fabric.

I think this all will make for a very good practice quilt.

I've been wanting to make something more complicated that a basic patchwork that I've done before. Now I just need to find a pattern that would suit my needs. But thanks to my dear friend Stephanie I now have all the fabric I could even need for this particular project.

Additionally, even though I've decided to put off making my Mother Confessor ensemble, I can still practice my sewing skills. In order to be in top form when the time comes to make that complex outfit.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't say it was all amazing stuff. Just free stuff. ;) I'm glad to see from your newest post that there was some fabric you found to put together though! Can't wait to see the results! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...